PSORIASIS TREATMENT IN KENYA
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that affects millions of people worldwide. In Kenya, psoriasis is a common skin condition and a major source of concern for many individuals, especially those who have a severe form of the disease.
SYMPTOMS OF PSORIASIS IN KENYA
The symptoms of psoriasis can include:
- Red, scaly patches on the skin
- Itching, burning, or soreness
- Thickened, pitted, or ridged nails
- Stiff and painful joints
- Dry skin that cracks and bleeds.
TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR PSORIASIS IN KENYA
The good news is that there are several effective treatment options available for people with psoriasis in Kenya. The choice of treatment depends on the severity of the condition and the individual’s preferences. Here are some of the most common treatments for psoriasis in Kenya:
- Topical creams and ointments: Topical creams and ointments that contain corticosteroids or calcineurin inhibitors are commonly used to treat mild to moderate psoriasis. These creams are applied directly to the affected areas and can help to reduce redness, itching, and scaling.
- Phototherapy: Phototherapy, also known as light therapy, involves exposing the skin to controlled doses of natural or artificial light. This treatment can be particularly effective for those with moderate to severe psoriasis and is typically performed in a dermatologist’s office.
- Systemic medications: Systemic medications are pills or injections that work throughout the body to treat psoriasis. These medications are typically prescribed for individuals with moderate to severe psoriasis who have not responded to other treatments.
- Biologics: Biologics are a type of systemic medication that is made from living organisms. They are typically used for individuals with moderate to severe psoriasis who have not responded to other treatments.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative therapies for psoriasis in Kenya include herbal remedies, acupuncture, and lifestyle changes such as stress management and a healthy diet.
It is important to note that the best treatment for psoriasis will vary from person to person, and it is always best to consult with a dermatologist to determine the best course of action. A dermatologist can also help to determine the underlying causes of psoriasis and recommend lifestyle changes that can help to manage the condition.
In Kenya, there are several excellent dermatologists who are experienced in treating psoriasis. Many of these dermatologists offer a range of treatments, including topical creams, phototherapy, and systemic medications. They also offer alternative therapies and can provide advice on lifestyle changes that can help to manage the condition.
COST OF TREATMENT OF PSORIASIS IN KENYA
The cost of psoriasis treatment in Kenya varies depending on the type and severity of the condition, as well as the treatment method used. It can range from several thousand to tens of thousands of Kenyan shillings. It is recommended to consult with a dermatologist for an accurate estimate and to discuss available treatment options.
In conclusion, psoriasis is a common and often debilitating condition that affects many people in Kenya. However, with the right treatment and care, people with psoriasis can enjoy a good quality of life. If you or someone you know has psoriasis, be sure to consult with a dermatologist who can help to determine the best course of action and provide the necessary support. With the right treatment and care, people with psoriasis can lead happy and healthy lives.
PSORIASIS ASSOCIATION OF KENYA
The Psoriasis Association of Kenya is a non-profit organization that aims to support individuals with psoriasis and raise awareness about the condition. They offer resources, advocacy, and support services to people living with psoriasis in Kenya. The organization may offer information on treatment options, access to care, and educational events. You can contact the Psoriasis Association of Kenya for more information on their specific services and programs.