Plastic surgery in Kenya
Plastic Surgery Kenya.Plastic surgery is used to repair and reconstruct missing or damaged tissue and skin. It can be divided into two categories. The first is reconstructive surgery which includes craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, and the treatment of burns. The other is cosmetic or aesthetic surgery
Reconstructive plastic surgery is performed to correct functional impairments caused by burns; traumatic injuries, such as facial bone fractures and breaks; congenital abnormalities, such as cleft palates or cleft lips; developmental abnormalities; infection and disease; and cancer or tumors. Reconstructive plastic surgery is usually performed to improve function, but it may be done to approximate a normal appearance.The most common reconstructive procedures are tumor removal, laceration repair, scar repair, hand surgery, and breast reduction plasty.
Cosmetic surgery is a voluntary or elective surgery that is performed on normal parts of the body with the only purpose of improving a person’s appearance and/or removing signs of aging.The most popular aesthetic/cosmetic procedures include:
- Abdominoplasty (“tummy tuck”): reshaping and firming of the abdomen
- Blepharoplasty (“eyelid surgery”): reshaping of upper/ lower eyelids
- Phalloplasty (“penile surgery”) : construction (or reconstruction) of a penis
- Mammoplasty:including Breast augmentations (“breast implant” or “boob job”) ,Reduction mammoplasty (“breast reduction”) ,Mastopexy (“breast lift”): Lifting or reshaping of breasts to make them less saggy
- Buttock augmentation (“butt implant”)
- Cryoneurolysis: (a medical procedure that temporarily blocks nerve conduction along peripheral nerve pathways)
- Labiaplasty: surgical reduction and reshaping of the labia ,
- Lip augmentation: : surgical improvement of lips’ fullness through enlargement
- Liposuction :removal of fat deposits by traditional suction technique or ultrasonic energy to aid fat removal
- Rhinoplasty (“nose job”): reshaping of the nose
- Rhytidectomy (“face lift”): removal of wrinkles and signs of aging from the face
What are the side effects of plastic surgery?
They may include:
- Complications related to anesthesia, including pneumonia, blood clots and, rarely, death.
- Infection at the incision site, which may worsen scarring and require additional surgery.
- Fluid build up under the skin.
Hospitals that offer Plastic surgery in Kenya
The Karen Hospital– Nairobi
P.O. Box 74240-00200
Tel : +254-20-6613000
Fax : +254-20-6613222
Emergency Number: +254 702 222222
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.karenhospital.org
Tel: +254 725 045 705
Located: Suite 6B – Grosvenor Suite 14 Riverside Nairobi, Kenya.
Apple + Sense clinic
Located: 1st Floor Oilibya Plaza, Muthaiga Road, Nairobi.
P.O. Box 64829– 00620, Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: +254 780 367 367 / +254 790 307 260
Diani Beach Hospital
+254  722 569 261
+254  735 223 223
+254  737 223 223
+254  40 3300150/1
Box 5074, Diani Beach,
Ukunda, Kenya, 80401
Plastic Surgery in Kenyatta Hospital
The Kenyatta National Hospital is the oldest hospital in Kenya.It is the largest referral hospital in the country. (read about Kenyatta National Hospital Doctors Plaza).
Prof Stanley Khainga is the Lead reconstructive and plastic surgeon at Kenyatta National hospital.
Kenyatta National Hospital,
P.O Box 20723-00202,
Cell. 0709 85400/ 0730 643000
KNH Hotline: 020 2737390
Referral: 0719 510510
KNH Disaster Management: 0797 398094
Plastic / Reconstructive Surgeons in Kenya
Prof Stanley Khainga Ominde
P.O. Box 19676, Nairobi
Tel : 254-723-436408
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Plastic Surgery Kenya
Dr Tilman Stasch
Tel: +254 725 045 705
Located at: Suite 6B – Grosvenor Suite 14 Riverside Nairobi, Kenya.
Dr Michael Rebeiro
Located at Second floor, Doctors’ plaza M P Shah Hospital Nairobi
Tel: 020 4291374
Dr Abdullahi Adan
Address: Landmark Plaza, 1st Floor Block A, Argwings Kodhek Road, Nairobi
Phone: 0722 370414
Dr Radovan Boca
Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi
Dr Ferdinand Wanjala Nang”ole
G.A Insurance Building 3rd Floor Sute 2 Ralph Bunche Road
P.O.Box 2212-00202 Nairobi
Tel:0714-342214, 0733-864249 Plastic Surgery Kenya
Dr Loise Njeri Kahoro
P.O. Box 2512, Nairobi 00202
Dr. Emarah Ashraf Mohamed
P.O.Box 6946-30100 Eldoret
Dr. Saidi Shaban Gathaya
Postal address: P.O.Box 2594-01000 Thika
Dr. Kansiime Peter Biribwa
Coast Provincial General Hospital
Bondeni, Kisauni Rd, Mombasa
Tel: +254 722 207868
Dr Joseph Kimani Wanjeri
Dr Wanjeri is a Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon and a lecturer in the Department of Surgery of the University of Nairobi (UoN)
P.O. Box 58653 City Square, Nairobi 00200 Kenya.
Kenya Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
Nairobi Kenya, 00202 – 19571, Menelik Medical Centre
Tel: 020 351 3444
Was this article Helpful?
- Kenyatta Hospital Doctors Plaza
- Urologists in Kenya
- Dermatologists in Kenya